Customer Success Software that Integrates With SugarCRM
SugarCRM is a software company based in Cupertino, California, USA. The company makes a web application, called Sugar, a customer relationship management (CRM) system that is both open-source and commercial open-source. In 2014 the company announced that they would be discontinuing the open-source version. Sugar is a Software as a Service (SaaS) product and sold by subscription. As of the release of Sugar 7, customers can opt to use, SugarCRM’s Sugar Cloud, a partner, or public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services, Windows Azure, Rackspace Cloud or IBM SmartCloud. The companyï¿½s products include social selling, mobile, email marketing and analytics. Sugar is used by 1.5 million plus people in 120 countries and is available in 26 languages.
SugarCRM was founded in 2004 by John Roberts and together with Clint Oram, John Roberts, and Jacob Taylor commenced work on the SugarCRM open source project. The company was incorporated in California in June 2004. Roberts served as the CEO from 2004 to 2009, Oram was the vice president, and Taylor was the CTO & vice president of engineering. There are three levels of subscriptions available, Sugar Professional at $35 per month, Sugar Professional at $60 per month and Sugar Ultimate at $150 per month. The company also offers a free 7 day trial.
Your SugarCRM Customer Data in Akita
- Once connected, your Akita account will begin populating with your SugarCRM data.
- This data will appear alongside all your other customer interactions for a 360° view.
- Segment your accounts based on data from your SugarCRM account, and from your other business tools.
- Define lifecycle stages and make sure customers stay on track.
- Build Customer Success playbooks, alerts, health scores and more — all using the wealth of data gathered from your integrations.